Re: Debian w/ Win95?

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Marcus Johnson wrote:

> I've got a rank beginner question for y'all:  I'm thinking of installing
> Debian on a machine I've got that has Winduhs95 on the primary 4.3 gig
> drive. I don't want to disturb what I've got there (Windoze is so touchy
> as you know), and I'm thinking that it might be best to put it on a second
> drive.  So my question is, would that work to put it all on a secondary
> drive or would I need to put part of it on the primary drive?  Can
> WinDOHs95 peacefully coexist with Debian Linux?  Any recommendations about
> with Debian to go with?

I have initially setup my box to dual-boot using loadlin.

Maybe this config.sys file would help you.
[menu]
menuitem=Linux, Boot to Linux
menuitem=Win95, Boot to Windows 95
menucolor=15,1
menudefault=Linux, 15

[linux]
shell=c:\linux\loadlin.exe c:\linux\vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 ro

[win95]

                   /\  Richard L. Alhama, Technical Support
 ,,''             \/  Cyberspace Laoag,ISP
  ``,,                http://www2.cyberspace.com.ph/~keyoz
"Overuse of the smiley is a mark of loserhood!" --The Jargon File
  *''