Debian w/ Win95?

I've got a rank beginner question for y'all:  I'm thinking of installing
Debian on a machine I've got that has Winduhs95 on the primary 4.3 gig
drive. I don't want to disturb what I've got there (Windoze is so touchy
as you know), and I'm thinking that it might be best to put it on a second
drive.  So my question is, would that work to put it all on a secondary
drive or would I need to put part of it on the primary drive?  Can
WinDOHs95 peacefully coexist with Debian Linux?  Any recommendations about
with Debian to go with?

TIA,

Marcus