Re: Magicfilter Config

He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
                -- M.C. Escher

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Dennis Dixon wrote:

> I am now attempting to configure the system so that the printer will use
> magicfilter.
>
> I tried the following:
> In "/etc/printcap" I added the line
>       ":if=/usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig:\"

magicfilterconfig is a perl script, not a printer input filter.
Just run it as root to configure for your printer.  Since in
Debian 1.3 you said you installed magicfilter, probably you can
just delete the line you added and try printing.

Tip:  latest install of lpr has the demon polling for lp0; in my
1.3 Debian system this was lp1.  Only difference in my 1.3 vs 2.0
/etc/printcap:

	Deb 1.3:        :lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
	Deb 2.0:	:lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\

You might want to: dmesg |more

Check for: lp0 at 0x03bc, (polling)
If you don't see this line, the printing demon is not running.