Re: linux + win95: linux boot partition/1024 cylinder limit

Don't know about you, but I couldn't get lilo to boot with a 540 mb drive,
even though linux & lilo were in the 1st partition that was 480 mb and I
used the last 35 mb or so for swap.
Drive has 1049 cyl, 16 heads and 63 sec /track.
Wouldn't boot unless I used the "linear" option in red hat 5.0.  Couldn't
make it boot at all in Debian, so gave up.

I agree there is some serious discrepancies in the FAQs, HOWTOs, etc, but I
for one don't know where to begin fixng it all.  LBA problems are real,
butI don't know "why..."

Anyone else have peculiar successes or failures?
Dave Jones

hmoffatt@mail.com
> Latest Debian packages at ftp://ftp.rising.com.au/pub/hamish.
PGP#EFA6B9D5
http://hamish.home.ml.org