Re: linux + win95: linux boot partition/1024 cylinder limit

In article <[🔎] 199807142058.PAA09661@nsx.usr.com>,
JonesMB <jonesmb@ziplink.net> wrote:

>>> furthermore, I would appreciate any suggestions for a better solution
>>> of the win95+linux shared documents problem.
>>give the other 1GB partition to linux and leave those docs on your lose95
>>partition and mount the partition under linux  and edit them :)
>
>I have the same setup here.  Problem is docs mounted from a DOS partition end
>up writeable only by root.  Is there a way to allow regular users access to
>these partitions.  Can they be mounted so they are accessible by all?

man mount

Options uid=, gid= and umask=

>From my /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda2       /dos/c  vfat    defaults,uid=2101,gid=10,umask=027,conv=binary,dots,showexec,noauto,user        0       0

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.