libc6 Netscape form problems

I am running the libc6 version of Netscape 4.05 and am experiencing
some strang problems when entering text into text fields.  Something
keeps appending random binary bits to the end of the strings and it
really screws things up.  Sometimes it isn't even apparent in the field
and other times it is.  This is really fun when trying to order things
on the web!!  As an example I tried placing an order for 2 items and it
somehow converted it to 21!!! Yikes!  Or as another example I entered
"free source" into yahoo's search field and it said that I had entered,
"free sourceü^¾¤-?ü^¾¤-?h=5>".  What gives.  I suppose I could
re-install the libc5 version of Netscape but if Netscape is not the
problem I don't want to download the 11+M over my 31.2k dialup.

Thanks,

--
Brian