HELP on getting diald to work

I am trying to set up diald to connect to my isp automatically. I am
running Debian 1.3 kernel 2.0.33 and I have ip masquerading setup and
working. The problem is that when diald tries to connect it fails here is
the error message from my /var/log/ppp.log

Jul 12 15:11:50 linux42298 pppd[162]: ppp not replacing existing default
route to sl0[0.0.0.0]
Jul 12 15:11:50 linux42298 pppd[162]: Cannot determine ethernet address
for proxy ARP

I am dynamically assigned an ipaddress from my isp and I am using illegal
ip addresses on my lan.

Here is my diald.conf:

mode ppp
connect /etc/diald/connect
device /dev/ttyS0
speed 115200
modem
lock
crtscts
local 172.16.1.3
remote 199.233.75.5
defaultroute
include /usr/lib/diald/standard.filter

In a diald HOWTO it states that if you get dynamic ip addresses from your
isp just put in any ip address that the isp uses. That doesn't sound
right but that is what I did and it doesn't work. If someone is using
diald in a similar environment let me know how you got it to work?

Thanks,
Keith
nfn11988@naples.net

You only get one chance at life, but if you do it right, you only need one.

			http://www.naples.net/~nfn11988