Re: Help with Debian GNU/Linux (fwd)

 'man' is in /usr/bin . And check that you have installed the 'manpages'
 package (dpkg -s manpages). AFAIK man should be in your path in
 standard installation, but if you just downloaded the seven base disks
 you might not have the package installed. Use dselect to install more
 packages from ftp site, if you have internet connection from that machine,
 so that you'll get also the packages something might depend on.

 Also, I'm thinking of
>> buying "Running Linux" by Matt Welsh and Lar Kaufman.  Is this a good
>> book to get if I know almost nothing now and want to become a fairly
>> advanced user? If not, what books would be good for those goals?  And
>> are there any books that I really should get in addition to "Running
>> Linux"?  Last question, I'm interested in learning to program Linux
>> drivers, and maybe even debuging the kernal.  What language are these
>> thing coded in, or what language would I have to learn if I want to do
>> these things?  Thanks a lot.

 That should be a good basic book. Generally all O'Reillys books are good
 (they also have one about kernel driver developement IIRC).

 There is also the Debian Users Guide by Dale Scheetz available from
 www.linuxpress.com. There is an online version or you can order the
 book.

	--j