Re: getting pgp

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, Ralph Winslow wrote:

> I updated my list of sites for apt to use to get .deb packages
> to include ftp.funet.fi in the expectation that I would then
> be able to get pgp??*??.deb but, no joy.   Did I simply make a
> bad site choice, or am I, once again, missing something?
>
> The line in detail read:
>
>   http://ftp/funet.fi/pub/Linux/mirrors/debian frozen
>     main contrib binary

My sources.list:
# Use for a local mirror - remove the llug http lines for the bits
# your mirror contains.
# deb file:/your/mirror/here/debian stable main contrib non-free
# See sources.list(5) for more information
# Remember that you can only use http or file URIs
deb http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian frozen main contrib non-free
#deb http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian frozen main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US/ unstable/binary-$(ARCH)/
#deb ftp://nonus.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US/ unstable/binary-$(ARCH)/
#deb ftp://debian.crosslink.net/pub/debian/ frozen main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian frozen main contrib non-free

Note the / after non-US and the explicit binary-$(ARCH) directory.  I
think it's all described in the /usr/doc/apt/guide* file.

HTH,
Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)