Man + Latex

I am still working on reading text files.  Acting on Alexey Vyskubov's
advice I downloaded the man-db package.  Now, instead of:
                       'zmore Xserver.1x.gz', when I use
                       'man  Xserver' I no longer have control characters
interspersed in the text.

When I was installing man-db, however, I got the following error message:

        Checking for languages ...de_DECan't locate Getopt/Long.pm in
        @INC at /usr/sbin/chman config line 38

Man still seems to run, so possibly this isn't important and should be ignored.

The other problem is with .tex files which I assume I use the Latex command.
My error message when I run:
               'latex guide.tex' is:

               'Can't find file linuxdoc.sty'

On Jens Ritter suggestion, I downloaded the 'sgml-tools' package which has
the file 'linuxdoc-sgml.sty'.  This not working, I renamed the
'linuxdoc-sgml.sty' file to 'linuxdoc.sty', which also didn't work.

Jens Ritter mentioned that the file 'linuxdoc.sty' is in 'gweb', but I
couldn't find the 'qweb' package anywhere.

Sorry for taking up everyone's time with such basic questions.  Wish things
were easier. By the way, several times I've seen 'IIRC' printed on e-mails.
Forgive my ignorance, but what does that stand for?

Thanks for anyone's help.

Dennis Dixon
P.O. Box 1896
Fort Bragg, CA  95437