Re: Driver for SCSI-card "Iwill SIDE2935UW"

In article <3593818A.7982@swisslife.ch> you write:
>I have an Iwill-SCSI-Card "SIDE2935UW" (see http://www.iwill.com.tw/).
>Under DOS, Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0 it works very good. Now I wont
>to install the a Debian-Linux-Distribution (1.3.1), but it dosen't
>works.

If I'm not mistaken, that card is (more or less) equivalent to an
Adaptec 2940, so the regular aic7xxx driver in the Linux kernel should
work with it. It may be that you need a newer version of the kernel
than that which is on your CD for it to recognise the particular version
of the chip that is no Iwill's card. Try the root disks from special/v30
or the upcoming hamm distribution and see if they find you SCSI card.

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40