Re: /etc/init.d/boot message?

Lindsay Allen <allen@cleo.murdoch.edu.au> writes:

> On 25 Jun 1998, Brederlow wrote:
>
> > servis@purdue.edu writes:
> >
> > > On 23 Jun, BARBELET Philippe wrote:
> >
> > > But I think people want an exact list of the output that is generated
> > > after the kernel is done and the init scripts have started.  So this is
> > > not the 'complete' solution.
>
> [snip]
>

> > Starting remote services ............. [failed]
>
> A bit more info would be nice.  I for one would be quite happy just to
> have a record of what has been printed on the screen.

Your right, the detailed messages would go to a logfile and maybe to a
different console also.

On a normal startup nothing should fail and it looks much more
professional to have a nice menu the normal user can understand
instead of cryptic messages teling the experience that everything is
fine.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn