Re: Samba: password for mapping network drives

In article <3593EE6C.70192420@greenville.edu>,
Brian Morgan <bmorgan@greenville.edu> wrote:
>I'm running the nmbd and smbd Samba daemons, and having trouble mapping
>a network drive on my windows machine to any of my mounted drives.  I've
>tried the following ways of connecting using windows' map utility (i.e.
>in explorer):
>
>\\debian\hda#  (where # = appropriate drive partition)
>\\debian\usr (or \root, \var, or \usr)

Ofcourse, you need to define your "shares" (ugh) first in /etc/smb.conf
Samba, like most other programs, need to be configured first.

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.