Kernel version

I notice that doing the "7 floppy + FTP" installation this week left me with
version 2.0.29-7, and the .30-7 and .33.3 source code is available in
dselect, as updated via FTP with ftp.debian.org.

1) is there reason to upgrade my Kernel?  (I mean, there are reasons for
upgrades, and since it isn't to get the public to buy a "new" version
<s>...)

2) if so, how?  Is Section 10.1 in the Debian FAQ all (well, we'll see if
"all" applies <s>) that is required?  Will the modules (presumably now in a
wrong-named directory) work as-is?

TIA,

Hank Fay