Re: xforms replacement

On 09-Jul-98 Shaleh wrote:
> At one time fltk was to be a XForms replacement.  This changed.  Darn
> shame.  Seems the Windows support helped make it less X complaint.
I agree.  I like the XForms look and feel.  As it stands, most of my programs
will recompile under fltk.  I just have a few that won't and one of the reasons
is the plotting...

> You can look at GTK see if it can help.  I have a lib here called EZWGL
GTK, from what I remember, doesn't have and easy graphing mechanisim.

> for news purveyor, it uses the toolkit.  Or as I mentioned, you can add
> to fltk.  The author is very keen on people helping to make it a better
> lib.  Several pieces were recently added by a few mailing list readers.
I know.. the author suggested that when I asked him about the xyplot..
unfortunatly, I know *NOTHING* about X programming.  I can get programs out by
using the tool kits where I only have to understand C or C++ and not X.
http://benham.net/index.html