Re: Hard lock-up crashes, need some clues!

I don't know if this will help you any, but it's worth a shot:

When mine was overheating recently, it was the RAM chips that were getting
too hot.  The way I figured that out is the side of the case right where
the RAM chips are was quite warm to the touch.  The chips themselves were
too hot to touch except by the edge of the SIMM.

Maybe the P233 is tired of running at 114% of the speed it wanted to run.