Re: dos partition long filenames

You also need to specify the vfat file system when you mount a
partition. For example to mount hda1 as vfat:

mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt

I think if you don't specify vfat, it will mount as msdos by default,
which will give you the truncated file names.

Run the command df -T to see the file system of each mounted partition.

Tom