Re: Linked against libc5 AND libc6?

>Hmm ... ok, that makes sense.  When I do an ldd on erpcd on a libc5
>system it only says it's linked against libc5 ... and libdb is linked
>against libc6 on hamm systems.
>
>tesla:/usr/annex # ldd erpcd
>libdb.so.2 => /lib/libdb.so.2
>libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5
>tesla:/usr/annex # cat /etc/debian_version
>1.3
>
>Any way out of this mess?  I don't have a libc5 version of libdb 2 ... I
>had to make a rather ugly hack to get this to run on the bo system :)

Well, you could take the libdb.so.2 you built on the bo system and
stick it in /usr/lib/libc5-compat on the hamm system (don't forget
to run ldconfig after). The loader is intelligent in the way that if
there are two copies of the library, it will link in the one which
uses the same version of libc as the binary.

Then perhaps you should petition someone to do a libc5 version of
DB 2 for the oldlibs section.

Regards,
/Anders
Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40