Re: serial troubles

i suspected the modem too so tried a us robotics (usually have a gdc
connected)...both behave the same.  seems to be related to warnings at
bootup re: PCI ... there is a serial USB controller on IRQ 10 that is one
of the PCI devices that isn't recognized (identified by number)... i tried
disabling it and manually configuring /etc/rc.boot/0setserial but still
get the same behavior.  i need info on this PCI bizness.  i read the
PCI-HowTo but found nothing there of any use

the only debian cd i have is 2.0.27 (kernel)  think i'll try hamm
if i can find a cd...maybe PCI problems have been eliminated

best--c