Re: Installed kernel-source 2.0.34 package and half the filesystems are not supported.

*-Ian Stuart ( 2 Jul)
| On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Christopher Barry wrote:
|
| > I installed the 2.0.34 kernel source package and did a make menuconfig
| > and when it comes time to select the filesystems to include support for,
| > a ton of them appear to be missing, most notably msdos and vfat. When I
| > installed hamm, I configured vfat support during the installation and it
| > worked fine, but when compiling the new kernel, they don't give the
| > option to support this. Do I need to use a different kernel source
| > package, or what? This really has got me confused.
| I'm using the the wong machine, so this is from memory....
|
| In Filessystems, theres an entry for MSDOS systems.  This will then give
| you a largew number of extra menuitems, includeing page-code- and
| uni-code- support.

Actually, it is 'Native Language Support' that when selected will
enable all the 'dos' file system types.  Read the help on that topic to
learn about the codepages and character set support.

--
Brian