Re: How do I setup /dev/cdrom ?

i have the same problem,my cdrom is no more accessible (though it's not a
indrance for now),i have a pioneer ATAPI CD drive,a regular ide card and
the drive is properly configured as slave (my Hard Drive is master),i did
not have the problem before when i was having Ontrack Disk Manager but
i have removed it knowing linux can work with big drive,but since then,the
CD drive stopped working,here's my lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hda2
root=/dev/hda2
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=20
image=/vmlinuz
label=Linux
read-only

do you know if adding the linear parameter would help ???

Thanks a lot.
Alain