Re: Newbie Thinkpad question

> Once the floppies are used on bootup, I believe they are not needed again
> (Makes a ramdisk). So you would boot with the floppy, and do that stuff,
> then put CD drive in when it asks for it..

I guess I didn't make myself clear.  You cannot hot-swap the CD-ROM and
Floppy drives, so if you boot from the floppy, you can't put the CD in
because there is no CD-ROM DRIVE in the machine.  If you turn off the
ThinkPad and install the CD-ROM DRIVE, you cannot boot from the floppy.
Catch 22.

It must be possible to install Linux on a Thinkpad, because I have read
that people have done it, but no one has touched on this particula
point.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Paul