Re: memory usage and Netscape

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Mark Panzer wrote:

> While running netscape ver 4.05 I commonly run out of memory after two
> hours.  I have 32Mbytes of RAM and a 50Mbyte swap.

Netscape for linux leaks memory like hell; you may want to install
netscape using the debian installer package, it preloads (or used to,
don't know if this is the case still) some libraries tha alleviate (but
don't solve) the problem. There's not much more you can do about it. I
*think* what really kills memory fast are animated gifs, since it
actually "reloads" the gif indefinetely, so "ESC" should help also.

See ya,
Nelson
lago@that.com.br
That's Internet!

"The future? I've seen the future: It's a 46 years old
virgin singing 'I am a hotdog'" - From "Demolition Man"