memory usage and Netscape

Dear debian users,

While running netscape ver 4.05 I commonly run out of memory after two
hours.  I have 32Mbytes of RAM and a 50Mbyte swap.  I just have two
windows of Netscape open at a time and normally one.  If I type "free"
in an xterm I see my free memory and swap getting eaten up without even
visiting any sites just leaving netscape open.  Then, of course, when
swap runs out it closes (kills) netscape.  Do I have something set-up
incorrectly or is this just the way it works (how come netscape in Win95
doesn't have this problem?)

Mark Panzer