Re: Help Downloading Debian

Try reading the install instructions on the page listed below.  This is for
Debian version 2.0 (or hamm), which is currently in its slightly "unstable"
distribution.

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/hamm/hamm/disks-i386/2.0.6_1998-05-12/install.html

There are also instructions for version 1.3 (bo) on the sight www.debian.org /
user documentation.  Version 1.3 is considered "stable."  I would recommend
installing the hamm version, as it seems to be stable enough for everyone I've
encountered, and contains many enhancements over the bo version.  (In fact, it's
about to be released in its stable version any day now.

Good luck!  Once you get things running, you'll never want to turn back to
Microsoft!

Brian