plog not working

Hi all,
I have a question regarding plog.  I just recently installed Debian, and
have no complaints,but I am kind of puzzled.  Until about a week ago, the
plog command worked beautifully--it showed me everything I needed to know
about my ppp connection.  But then it stopped logging to /var/log/ppp.log
and just put everything into syslog, which is not nearly so easy to use.
How can I get it back to logging in ppp.log?
Thanks

-bob

Always remember you're unique, just like everybody else.
* Robert Kerr, The morphing guy.  *    MS 0441 Sandia National Labs  *
* rakerr@sandia.gov               *    Albuquerque NM 87185-0441     *
* Robert_Kerr@byu.edu             *      Phone: (505) 844-8606       *
* http://www.et.byu.edu/~kerrr    *      Fax: (505) 844-9297         *