package installs

I have downloaded from an FTP site, a couple of .deb files that i want to
install on my
debian package.  when i use the dpackage command, and i advise that i have
these files on floppy discs, it finds my .deb files and has them as
dselected, therefore it will not install them.  this appears to be because
they are not on the default list of packages that were installed with my
debian package,  I have ordered the CD rom for debian, which should have all
the .deb packages on it, but i am not sure i can get my CD-rob to be read by
debian.  I would like to first install the packages from floppy if i can get
it to let me.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Also i have a barebones debian package right now (with just basic debian and
linux stuff), and i am an avid AIX user.  I noticed alot of commands are the
same and alot are different.  For instance on AIX, i can scroll a list of
files in a directory by typing
ls -l | pg  (the one page at a time command)...how can i get accomplish this
on linux?
is there somewhere i can get a quick reference of linux commands??

thanks for the help

Hockymaster@worldnet.att.net