Re: Debian and Afterstep1.4.5.3-1

On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 08:27:10AM +0000, Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:

> Dock appears to do nothing but be a place to dock things to. Fiend does
> this too, but it's not glued to a side and I can't get the window manager
> to move it to an out of the way place.

you can collapse the Fiend (renamed to Clip on 0.15.x) double clicking it...
you can move it to a corner, on the same side as the dock, and it works
pretty fine for me...

> Fiend either needs to become docked or replace the dock icon or something
> if it's not going to annoy me significantly.

you can "wmaker -nodock" and it will have no dock, move the fiend to a side,
and collapse it... you can even run "wmaker -nodock -nofiend"... be warned:
this will kill the dock configuration (you are essentially asking to clear
the dock and the fiend, so this behaviour is NOT a bug)

> Essentially, it doesn't feel right to me and it doesn't help that I have
> no idea how to do anything I haven't described here with it. The config
> files looked more like a C program or a sh script than a file with
> settings and the like.

There's a program to aid configuring WindowMaker, but I haven't had the
chance to package it... look in /usr/doc/wmaker/README.Debian, I put some
pointers there for documentation...

				Marcelo