Re: Mysterious frequent crashes at the same interval on three ma

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Autumn wrote:

> Sorry I didn't make that clear.  It is the latter.  The first machine goes, and
> six hours later the next machine goes, and ten minutes later, the last one goes.
> The interval between machines stays the same to within a minute.
>
> I'm not convinced that the time offset is significant.  I have not tried
> rebooting all three machines at the same time to see if they stay in sync,
> because people will scream.
>
> Does the above-named Society already subscribe to this list, or do I have to
> email them separately?

Hmm... anything in the syslogs(/var/log)?  Run a ps ax and see if there is
a sleep running, perhaps anacron is going nuts?  Is it a graceful
shutdown?  (Keep the replies to the list as I will be of little help.)

Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)