Re: Please clarify...

On 16 Jun, David Z. Maze wrote:

> Neil Cheshire <ncheshire@hotmail.com> writes:
> NC> Could someone please clarify for me about all the Debian
> NC> releases. I currently run Debian 1.3 which is bo , right? I
> NC> haven't really done much to my system so was going to reinstall
> NC> with Debian 2.0 which is hamm , ok so far?

Not sure what you mean by 'reinstall' but with Debian it is not
necessary to wipe clean and start over.  You can upgrade in place. If
you are going to upgrade from bo(1.3) to hamm(2.0) you should get the
'autoup.sh' script that has been written to help with the process.

Goto http://debian.vicnet.net.au/autoup/ to get all the necessary file
to start your upgrade.

[remainder of questions already answered]

Brian