Re: Linux install problem

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Shanta McBain wrote:

> I have a HD 350 meg Caviar 2340. I cannot change the partitions. Fdisk
> says that there are two partition The dos primary and a extended
> secondary. It reports that there are logical partitions on the
> secondary. Cant delete the secondary partition as the logical partitions
> exist. likely the linux primary and swap. It will not delete them as
> delete partitions dose not see the partitions.
> Is there a linux tool that will fix the problem?

I think you should try cfdisk first. It's far easier to use, and it displays
you the logical partitions within your extended.

Another way is to download a low level formatter like DiskManager or
EzDrive. As stated by the ATA specification, a hd has to do such a low level
format without any problems.

Bye
Daniel

Daniel Gross                                     eMail: dg@bingo.baynet.de
Hollarstrasse 2                                         dgross@gmx.net
D-85053 Ingolstadt, Germany

An anthropologist at Tulane has just come back from a field trip to New
Guinea with reports of a tribe so primitive that they have Tide but not
new Tide with lemon-fresh Borax.
		-- David Letterman