any cvs users out there? (and bug #22392)

Hi,

We use cvs for managing the source code of a multi
developer project.  On 13, May 1998 after a "frozen"
update I discovered a new cvs "feature/bug" and filed
a bug report (#22392).  I haven't heard much about it
since then so I thought I would ask the other users if anybody
has the same problem or if anyone knows a good work-around.

Here is the problem:

	 cvs repository is in /dev/sda6 (/usr/local/cvsroot by link)
	 home directories are in /dev/sda6 (/home by a link)
	 cvs's default tmpdir is /tmp which is in /dev/sda3 (/)

	 When I check in a file, cvs apparantly wants /tmp and
	 cvsroot to be on the same physical partition.  I get errors
	 like:
	 cvs [commit aborted]: cannot rename file /tmp/cvs03139haa \
										to apapi.c:Invalidcross-device link

If I setenv TMPDIR to something like ~/tmp which is on the
same partition as cvsroot things work.  But I don't think
the location of TMPDIR should have anything to do with the
workings of cvs as long as I have write permission there.

I can't imagine that this is the default behavior from the
cvs sources since most installations that are compiled from
source would have their cvsroot as a seperate partition from /tmp.
I guess I will check the sources just to be sure.

Stuart