Development Kernel - Required progs

I'm interested in trying the latest kernel 2.1.105, but in the docs it has
a list of required programs that you need to use it.  Of that list, I am
missing 4 of them.
	PROCINFO
	AUTOFS
	NCPFS
	PCMCMIA-CS

The last two, I know I can do without as I'm not using that kind of
hardware, but the first two I'm not sure about.  What packages (deb or tar)
do these utils come in, and where can I find them?

	Finally, are there any Warnings or FYI's I should know about before trying
this kernel?  I understand that with the 2.1.xx kernels there is no need for
kerneld.  If I'm right, is there a 'proper' way of disabling kerneld besides
hacking '/etc/init.d/kerneld'?

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

--
Ed