Re: Linuxconf

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 09:21:02AM +0100, Graham Lillico +44 1785 248131 wrote:
> I friend of mine is running RedHat 5.1 (i have tried to convert him, but
> without any luck) and he was telling me that RedHat is now using the Linuxconf
> package, and I was wondering how compatiable Linuxconf is with Debian 1.3.1(bo)
> and 2.0(hamm)?  And is there a .deb package for the latest version and is there
> any plans to incorperate it with Debian?

At the moment, Linuxconf doesn't work on Debian without some tweaking.
We've been talking about beefing up the sysvinit scripts for it, but this
hasn't quite happened yet.

Part of what what's being waited on I think is the module interface hasn't
been finalized yet.  When that happens I think you'll see it find its way
into Debian quickly---maybe into 2.1 even (which is not expected to take
nearly as long as 2.0 has)