Re: which script is missing from rpm

On 5 Jun 98 03:39:03 GMT, joey@kitenet.net wrote:

>Richard E. Hawkins Esq. wrote:
>>
>> Which script is it that rpm doesn't have, that dpkg does?  I had thought it
>> was the post-removal, but I'm being challenged on that:
>
>None. In fact, rpm has one script debian lacks: the verify script.

Forgive me if I'm wrong on this, because I'm only guessing here, but
isn't that a duplicated step?  That is, given an installation and a
configuration of a package with no errors, isn't that verified enough?
If the verify script ever produced a different result from after the
install/configure stages then the package is erroneous.

Like I said, it's a guess.  :-)

Rob Wilderspin
--
"But I need it to crash once every few days -
reboots are the only chance I get to sleep..."