Re: [aba@it.ntu.edu.au: help]

On 8 Jun 98 01:50:54 GMT, joey@infodrom.north.de wrote:

>Hello, I would like to install linux or debian into my 200Mhz 32MB window95
>pentium notebook. I know how to download files from the internet, i use
>winzip to unzip files that are zipped,and self extracting files. But
>linux seems to be abit different,i read faqs but was unable to grasp
>download and installation proceedures. If can take time to respond to me
>i would be very grateful. thanks. Wek.

By far the easiest, cheapest and quickest way would be to buy a Debian
CD from one of the many suppliers around the world (LSL, Genesis, LBC,
...).  This saves a lot of headaches in the long run.

By the way, it's not "Linux or Debian", as Debian *is* Linux, or a
distribution of it.

Rob Wilderspin
--
"But I need it to crash once every few days -
reboots are the only chance I get to sleep..."