Re: isapnptools confusion.

Hello Paul!

You have luck, it's me, the awe-howto maintainer. Next time, you should
really sent your questions to me :)

You need to edit the isapnp.conf file, as described in my howto. You have to
uncomment the correct lines (don't forget the ACT Y lines), and to add two
lines with IO adresses.

You need the awe-drv package, correct. There are other packages, too, but
don't install awe-netscape for now. (is it still broken?).

Then you need to apply the awe patch to the kernel-source (hint:
/usr/src/awe-drv/install.sh) and compile the kernel.

Add "sound" to conf.modules,a nd you are mostly done.

Thank you,
Marcus