Re: How to make X fonts Bigger

On Thu, Jun 04, 1998 at 04:06:38PM +0000, Christian Zander wrote:

> Getting the fonts is up to you.. Have a look at the FAQ or browse the net to
> find a LOT of places that supply you with FREE fonts.
> Of course you could simply take the fonts from ..\windows\fonts (files like
> Verdana.ttf), but looking at that from the license supplied with windows, this
> would not be nice (who cares?)
> TTF fonts are not supplied with any of the standard X packages, since xfstt is
> not, either and the fonts need to be really free so that they can be distributed
> under the GPL.

Wanted to mention... as the maintainer for xfstt I "have my eye out" for
any really free TT Fonts (public domain, gpl, just basically anything free
enough to be added to the xfstt package)

i would like to make a package of TTfonts and maybe even include one or
two with xfstt itself. The problem is that to go into main they must be free
so....

if anyone out there reading this has any good free tt fonts...or has the
ability/desire to make some... please let me know (I just don't have the time
right now to go searching around for free fonts...)

-Steve