Boot to Linux from NT; problem

I setup my machine with NT and Linux, and followed the instructions in "NT
Loader + Linux mini-HOWTO".

As per their instructions* I used bootpart to make the NT loader adjustments.

When I boot, indeed I get the option for Linux from the NT loader
(boot.ini), which points to the boot file made by bootpart; but NT reports:

  <winnt root>\System32\ntoskrnl.exe missing or corrupt
   please reinstall a copy of this file.

Well, the file is there in /winnt/system32/....

Both NT and linux still boot and run fine, only that I can't get the NT to
boot linux (I now boot it from a floppy).

This is a new installation (yesterday), so I doubt it is corrupt. I am
reluctant to do a reinstall of all of NT, and don't know how to refresh
this single file.

Help, or pointers?
Thanks

Gregory Guthrie
   guthrie@Mum.edu

*at least as best I could..
 Some of their instructions were not clear to me;
     "For Linux, you must install Lilo at the beginning of the Linux
partition (as with OS/2 boot manager) and then add the Linux partition with
BootPart:

     When you install Linux or run liloconfig, select "Superblock of the
root linux partition" as location of Lilo. In my sample, this adds the line
"boot=/dev/sdb4" on the file /etc/lilo.conf"

-- I ran Lilo; with root and boot set to the partition of my linux. Is this
all that is required here?
Dr. Gregory Guthrie
guthrie@mum.edu         (515)472-1125    Fax: -1103
       Computer Science Department
       College of Science and Technology
       Maharishi University of Management
      (Maharishi International University 1971-1995)