Re: PPC linux

At 09:17 -0700 1998-06-03, Kenneth.Scharf@coulter.com wrote:
>There are 3 motorola PPC boxes here gathering dust now that they are
>Windows NT orphans.  I don't know what the model number is but they are in
>standard mini-tower cases with PCI/ISA mother boards with SCSI drives.
>What linux distribution would support them?

At this point, the only choice is the RedHat-based LinuxPPC,
<http://www.linuxppc.org>. Those are probably PReP boxes, so LinuxPPC
should support them just fine.

Eventually Debian/powerpc will support them too, but right now we are still
working on the base system for Power Macs.
--
Joel "Espy" Klecker
Debian GNU/Linux Developer