keyboard problem in X

Hallo,

I recently edited my .xinitrc to start a few programs when startx is run.
Since then my compose key does not always work in X and I have to run
xkeycaps, restore defaults and then it works again.

Today my scroll_lock indicator stayed on after I ran xkeycaps and I could
not get it of again.

I though xkeycaps was supposed to write a xmodmap file, but that does not
happen when I chose the write-option.  I only succeeded in getting a
xmodmap file when I did the following: xkeycaps > xmodmap.  Is that normal
behaviour?

Johann.

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |