Re: smail vs sendmail, fetchmail, K6 processor

At 15:12 -0700 1998-06-02, Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:
>Or going Alpha or PPC.  Cost effectiveness seems to indicate PPC to me,
>though there are 1,000,001 different PPC for Linux branches it seems.

There are five PPC subarchitectures of Linux:

	* CHRP-compliant PowerPC machines
	* PCI-based Power Macs
	* PReP-compliant PowerPC machines
	* Amigas with PowerPC upgrade cards
	* 8xx embedded systems PowerPCs

Unfortunately, non-PowerMac PowerPC hardware is either nearly impossible to
find  (in the US at least) or expensive. SMP PowerMacs are also expensive.

In any case, Linux doesn't support SMP on a very wide range of PowerPC
hardware.
--
Joel "Espy" Klecker
Debian GNU/Linux Developer