smail vs sendmail, fetchmail, K6 processor

As the subject says - different topics.

I have tried to configure both smail and sendmail without to much luck.
What I want is that local mail stays local and remote mail is send when
I via
PPP connects to the Internet.
If I choose option 1 in smailconfig and answer the questions (the way I
think they
should be answered) then at some point I can see that mail for root will

be sent
to root@tin.it (my ISP) which is definitely not what I want.

When I invoke fetchmail I get a time out when the mail is actually
transfered,
if I use mail retriving from Netscape I don't get the time out. What to
do?

I think I heard at some point that you can't have two K6's on the same
board is that true?

Karsten Bolding