Re: [hacker@brightok.net: ] -- ppp help

On Mon, Jun 01, 1998 at 01:05:31PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from cc <hacker@brightok.net> -----
> Ok I got debian running but I want to get ppp working I have a modem on com 2.
> I type pon and it wont do anything I tried reading the man pages but they
> just didnt help me. Can someone give me better details on how to get my ppp
> setup to where I can dial up my isp. I would also like to know how to search
> the wed via unix and setup telnet so someone can telnet into my computer. If
> you would like to make recomendations on what kind of shell I should run or
> other packages I should be running please let me know.
>  Thanks
> Cougan

If at all possible, try to get your hands on the April, 1997 (Issue
36) of _Linux_Journal_ magazine.  It has an article contained within,
"A 10-Minute Guide for Using PPP to Connect Linux to the Internet."
This isn't exactly the way Debian sets up PPP by default, but it will
work, and should give you an understanding of Linux/ppp concepts.

good luck,
Matt