Re: hamm upgrade

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Ralph Winslow wrote:

> I just finished my bo -> hamm upgrade but havn't rebooted the system yet
> because
> during the upgrade, I couldn't install fvwm2 or fvwm95 and I'm afraid
> that if I
> re-boot, I may loose my X environment.  Any advice??

What errors did you get when trying to install fvwm2 and fvwm95?
Sometimes it is necessary to rerun Install with dselect a few times to
pick everything up.  Try this at least.

You should reboot, as that may clean some things up.  If X won't run
yet and you have to reinstall anything, there's always the venerable
virtual console.

> Auch, I see that my display mumble.jpg and xlock commands are no longer
> working.
> I've forgotten the package which supplies the display command.  The
> xlock
> problem is minor in my environment.  TIA for any help forthcoming.

display is contained in the Imagemagick package.

Bob

----
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen