Re: "LI" when booting

On Fri, May 29, 1998 at 02:28:18PM -0500, Michael Roark wrote:
> I know this topic is hardly fresh, but I can't find the solution
> anywhere. You know the case -- installing to a large disk -- reboot and
> freeze at "LI". What how-to do I read to find the fix?
What is your /etc/lilo.conf?
What are the BIOS settings of your harddisk? They should be set for LBA and
you need to add the linear option to your lilo.conf.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *