Drive proving stubbornly unmountable

Hi Folks,

Just got around to installing Bo on my old Pentium 150, and it's pretty
much working (give or take a few minor issues...)

One thing has got me a little cofused, and maybe it's me doing something
wrong (prolly is)... I have a 1.2G drive in it which was formated as FAT
under NT4, and works quite nicely under Win95 as a VFAT drive. It works
in this machine, because it was Win95 before it became Debian.

I can't get this drive to mount, using the command below.

rei# mount -t vfat /dev/hdc1 /mnt
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc1,
       or too many mounted file systems

According to cfdisk, it is there, as shown below...

    Name        Flags         Part Type      FS Type                  Size (MB)
                              Pri/Log        Free Space                    0.50
    /dev/hdc1                 Primary        Win95 Extended (LBA)       1221.12

Anyone have any suggestions? What am I missing?

Thanks,

damon

========
Damon Muller (damon@lenore.empire.net.au)
Web Page:   www.sub.net.au/~tr      It's not a sense of humor. It's
ICQ UIN:    2920281                 a sense of irony disguised as one.
PGP Key ID: 0x232C09E1                   - Bruce Sterling