Re: Howto install libc6?

Tomas Petersson wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to install libc6, but dpkg won't let me,
> it says that a lot of programs depend on libc5.
> What to do???
>
> /Tomas Petersson

	You shouldn't try upgrading from libc5 to libc6 using dselect.  Go to
http://www.debian.org, Developer's Corner, and read libc5->libc6 Mini
Howto.  Then get the upgrade script mentioned in the same place and run it
first (it will use ftp to upgrade a few packages in a particular order).
After that, you can use dselect to finish the upgrade process.  Find a
mirror close to you because this upgrade via ftp will take some time.

--
Ed