Re: Stronghold Apache

> There are AFAIK patches available to SSLeay to use RSAREF.  There are also
> Apache-ssl Debian packages in non-us which can be IMPORTED to the US, but
> not EXPORTED again.  There's also a rsaref package in non-us.
>
> So, get the source packages for all of these things, build a custom SSLeay
> with RSAREF linked in, build a custom apache-ssl, and call it good.  Or if
> you don't CARE if your apache uses RSAREF since it uses SSLeay which
> functions the same with or without it, just grab the apache-ssl binary
> package.  I won't tell RSA if you don't.  =>

Okay, so I know about rsaref and I can't use it, not commercially at
least. I really don't have any interest in breaking the law no matter how
stupid the law is.

so I've also heard of the covalent raven ssl module for apache. this
option is much less expensive then stronghold (raven is ~$400 while
stronghold is ~$1000) and comes as a module so I can still custom compile
apache (which, believe it or not, is what I want to do. I like to know
what went in to my binaries).

so again, anyone using the above products on debian? any experience with
this whatsoever? any advice is much appreciated.

	- John Kloss