Unidentified subject!

Friends, a question:

I am trying to install Debian 1.3 on my old IBM PS/1 Consultant
machine.  During the installation procedure, when the time comes
to partition my hard drive, the operating system cannot find my
hard drive.  I know the hard drive is operational because it boots
under DOS.  I have seen that, under the list of special parameters
displayed by pressing <F4> at the boot: prompt, the following special
parameter is recommended for IBM PS/1's with IDE hard drives:

Thus, I tried booting by typing the following at the boot: prompt -

	linux hd=934,16,254031

(Running Norton Disk Doctor on my hard drive provided me with these
values for no. of cylinders, no. of heads, and total no. of sectors.)

However, the OS still cannot find my hard drive.

Any suggestions??

Thanks very much!

Jon Hester